Friday, May 9, 2014

Head Covering - My Testimony

source
  Hi everyone! I 'm so sorry I haven't had the chance to update my blog sooner! I've been super busy, packing, cleaning, and all the other stuff that comes with moving :P But that doesn't mean you guys aren't in my thoughts ♥! I'm hoping to post some before and after pics of some of the rooms in our new house. We are going to be repairing, repainting, and of course decorating the whole house. It's gonna be fun!!!
   Ever since I posted a post on modest fashion, I've had a few girls ask me where I stand on the issue of head covering, one of whom asked for me to share how I came to start wearing them, and my convictions on this issue.
  When I was around 5 or 6, my Mom became convicted to cover her head during times of worship because of 1 Corinthians 11:3-15.  She started to cover my hair as well. As time went on, we realized that in order to fully obey 1 Cor. 11:5,13, we would need to cover our heads daily. At first, my Dad wasn't sure whether he agreed with our convictions, but eventually, he grew to agree and appreciate them. We have experimented with several kinds of head coverings. The styles we like best look something like this :



source


source
source











   I know some of you are interested in possibly covering your heads, so I've copied the link to all the websites where you can buy any of the head coverings listed below (or above). Just click on "source".




source
source
source
source

source

source


10 comments:

  1. I don't personally wear head coverings, but these are beautiful! Thank you for sharing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abigail!
    I nominated you for the Sunshine award again! :) You can just answer my questions in a comment if you want. :)
    In Jesus' name,
    Sarah Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks! I'm glad you enjoy my blog so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such an interesting idea; I haven't heard of it before, but I'd like to look into it. Regardless, it's very cute (although I know that isn't your reason for doing it :P)

    ashley-ashstash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed this post Ashley! Can't wait to visit your blog :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much Abigail for making this post!! It is very helpful, and I'm glad that you were willing to share your testimony with us! :) The possibilities truly are endless. Have you ever tried a bandana? I have some leftover from sewing a tablecloth for our friend, so I might try it soon (even though I am not covering my hair daily)!

    I pray that Jesus will bless you and your move (and painting, oh dear)! :D

    In all sisterly love,
    -Noémie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Noemie! Yes, I have tried bandanas, I wore them a lot when I was younger. They work great as long as you wear them centered and with barrettes, otherwise, they tend to slip off :). Thank you for your prayers!
      In Christ, Abby

      Delete
  6. Hello once again :-)
    I wear the 2nd,and 3rd covering :-)
    I have also used the bandannas for when working out side so not to mess up my good ones...

    *Blessings,Renee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's so neat that you head cover as well, Renee! Yes, I like to use bandanas some times as well, they are very easy to wear :)

      Delete